Baltimore County requires all rental properties be registered and inspected.
As part of the inspection process, Discover It Home Inspection will provide
landlords and property managers with a completed Baltimore County
Rental License Inspection Sheet and date stamped photos of the property.
1. Hardwired and battery backup smoke detectors on each level and outside of sleeping areas
2. Carbon monoxide detectors outside of sleeping areas
3. No electrical wires visible
4. Hot and cold water in kitchen and bathrooms
5. All plumbing components are free of leaks
6. All toilets flush
7. Furnace is operational
8. Railings present at interior and exterior locations that have 3 or more steps
9. Sleeping quarters in basement has a secondary means of escape with additional requirements
10. Free of immediate threats to health or safety
Additional resources for landlords and tenants